Sunday, June 12, 2011

Savannah Smiles



This cannot be happening.

Wasn't I writing and balling all over the computer about Josephs 5th grade graduation...like, YESTERDAY?

Didn't that JUST happen?

So how is it possible that Savannah is now graduating 5th grade, and preparing to enter middle school? It really CANNOT be right...it just CAN'T!!!



STOP FATHER TIME!!

Stop stealing my children from me!! Stop letting them grow up!!

It's so conflicting...there are times where I WANT them to grow...to become more independent...and then when they actually DO it...all I can do is whine and moan that they are no longer little and curled on my lap.


Savannahs 5th Grade Graduation ceremony was very nice, from the tasteful decorations to the fast-moving program...


Look how excited she is...in a pretty new dress, with new shoes and coordinating clutch...just like a big girl...

(sniff, sniff)...


There are about 120 graduating fifth graders from her elementary school...


...and she accepted her certificate from the Mayor of our city, Mayor Frank Ortiz. She looks so grown-up!!

(where's a tissue?)


She's getting taller, too! Soon she'll be as big as me, and borrowing my heels, and...and...who IS this big girl? With the beautiful green eyes and little bit of lip gloss? What did she do with my chubby little blonde baby? The only thing she still has is that smile...that sweet Savannah Smile that has made my life brighter every day since she was born!!

Okay!!

That's it.

I tried...I really did...

...but I can't help it. It's time for a big 'ol reminisce...queue the sweet and sad music...it's gonna be weep-y...


My sweet Savannah was born in late August. She weighed a lucky 7 pounds, 7 ounces. An easy pregnancy, a quick and easy birth, and she was an easy baby...hardly ever cried...enjoyed her nap time...and was a Daddys girl FROM THE START...


Look how YOUNG Jason is in this picture!! (Sorry for the glare...my scanner doesn't work so I had to take pictures of pictures...and this is the best I could get...)


Savannah was always happy...always sweet...


I still can't get over how young Jason looks...

Savannah was an absolutely beautiful child, with golden ringlets and a chubby little angelic face that just lit up when she smiled...which was all the time. Everyone gravitated towards her...from little children who wanted to be her friend to little old ladies who wanted to pinch her cheeks and stroke her curls...


Oh my...I remember these days...three little's all under my feet all day long...


I remember how mad Jason got at me for putting that temporary tattoo on her belly that read "Sweet"...he accused me of trying to turn her into Britney Spears (at three years old!!)...




Oh my oh my...these were my favorites...taken by my friend Courtney Milius. Darn that glare...she's so cute!!


And here's where it started...Savannah in kindergarten. From this point I haven't been able to stop her...she just grew and grew and grew...sweet and lovely the whole way...always trying to be the peace-maker, the sunshine, momma's little helper.

It's only been recently that she's started to show a little bit of attitude...I guess trying to be "all grown up"...


I can't complain, though...because underneath her little bursts of independence, she's still my darling little Savannah...


...and there's still nothing that beats a Savannah Smile...

No comments: