Thursday, February 24, 2011

Brighams First Blue and Gold Banquet

Brigham started Cub Scouts just as Joseph graduated to Boy Scouts...

The night of our Belated Valentines Day Bike Ride, we had Brighams first Blue and Gold Banquet. It was important because he was awarded his Bobcat (hurray!!)...

I had such an amazing day on this day...but at the Blue and Gold I was in a terrible mood. There was some internal drama on my part involving Scouts, and I'm sorry to say that I am not a strong enough person to have let it slide...it ate at me and festered inside me all night...and I'm afraid it shows in the photos, because although I am there to support Brigham and am happy for him and proud of him, I am overall upset and cannot manage a smile.

*sigh*

But I AM proud of my Briggie-buddy...and love him so very much...and am glad to know that he is doing Scouts correctly and with honor.

Brigham helped with the flag ceremony...what is that face he is making?

Brigham invites me up as he is awarded his Bobcat badge...he STILL has that face!!!

The new CubMaster, Bro. Quinton, explains the badge...


This was cute...as a "Bobcat"...he had to "bob" for apples...


My "Thank You" for being a Cub Scout leader...biggest slap in the face ever...aaarrrggghhhh...forget it...it's really not worth this angst on my part...

Finally!! A smile from mom!! See? I AM proud of my guy!!

So, all in all, it was a good night for my Brigham...and despite everything else, I am happy to have shared it with him...

No comments: