Thursday, February 24, 2011

Belated Valentines Day Bike Ride

My Valentine...


We can't celebrate Valentines day ON Valentines Day because my poor hubby has to work...so we have to make arrangements to do something a different day.

This year, Jason really wanted to go for a long bike ride, so we choose to have our date at Shark Valley Nature Preserve in the Everglades National Forest because they have a 15-mile bike loop.

We were really excited...and we had a GREAT time. No...an AMAZING time. I honestly can't remember when I had that much fun.

Well...I can...but it was awhile ago, okay?

Here are some of the highlights of our adventure:


This is the very first gator we saw on our ride...there were many, many more...

This is a cool pic...these giant clover-type flowers were blooming and the insects were going CRAZY...bumble bees and butterflys were highly attracted to them...



This was our beautiful surroundings...

I love my own scenery ;)

Ugh...I really DO want to take good pictures...I always look chubby and goofy...

A big, beautiful Great Blue Heron

This was SUPER cool...we happened upon a clutch of newly hatched alligators. We stayed back from the SUPER aggressive momma...but got some pics of the babies!!


The view from the Observation Tower

A Rosette Spoonbill...I've never seen one before!!

So...we WERE gonna take a short excursion hike, buuttttt...

Yeah...gator wins...
I really did have a great time...it's my favorite date we've had in awhile...and I hope we can go back and do it again.

I love my husband...he's the greatest guy in the world. He really has his hands full with me...yet he sticks around...and makes me happy...

You make everyday like Valentines Day, baby...

No comments: