Monday, October 12, 2009

Ouch...

So...I went to a training class for Girl Scouts entitled "Small Craft and Water Safety". It is essentially a class designed to train you to be able to take of your girls in an emergency situation around water and canoes.

I don't know how to canoe...I still have to take a basic canoeing fundamentals class...but I thought I should start with the safety aspect first.

So, I'm a great swimmer, and the water safety was fine.

I'm really, really strong, so I had no problem lifting, hauling, and dumping canoes...even hauling them from the water on top of my own canoe was not that difficult.

However - hauling my own voluptuous @$$ from the water back into my canoe proved to be WAY MORE DIFFICULT than I could've imagined.

Even with the added incentive of an incredibly territorial 10-foot gator that did not like us anywhere near his bank of the lake.

So I came home limping and bruised and very sunburned, and my hubby said: "Oh stop being a baby...how bad could it be?"

So I pulled off my clothes...and he shut up.

I can't , nor do I want, to psychologically scar you with pictures of bruises that COVER my body in places that I didn't even know could BRUISE...

...but I can show you this...

Just my arm.

Now imagine that...everywhere...

...ouch...

I must REALLY love my Scouts...

No comments: