Sunday, September 13, 2009

Totally Random


Okay - at risk of being labeled a thirty-something loser with no life who's addicted to teenage romances (which is TOTALLY false), can I say that I'm starting to get kinda excited for this?

It's a couple months away, I know...but it's not just the books or the movies...it's the quality time I get with my teenage daughter. There isn't a lot that we do together...but taking her to the 12:01 am showing of Twilight last year, and New Moon this year, is something that we can do together. It tricks her into thinking I'm cool...if only for 90 minutes.

She and I have different opinions about the books...I am Team Edward, and she is staunchly Team Jacob. But I have to say...my opinion changes when it comes to the movies. I don't know why it is...but reading the story and seeing it played out on the big screen changes my perspective of the characters.

Maybe it's purely superficial...if I was a 15-year-old girl, I'd be WAY more into Taylor Lautner than into Robert Pattinson.

Maybe it's the actors portrayals? In the books...I think Jacob is sneaky and sometimes mean. In the movies, he seems tortured and sincere.

I don't know...but I LOVE scenes like this...even though I already know how it ends...

1 comment: